Monday, July 25, 2011

Beautiful Teeth

John: "Mama, why do some people have beautiful teeth?" (he asks, as he's holding a silver necklace chain across his teeth)

Mama: "What do you mean, 'beautiful teeth'?"

John: "Well, there was this older boy at the party yesterday and he had beautiful teeth!"

Mama: "Do you mean he had silver wires on his teeth?"

John: "Yes!"

So I explained what braces are. I told him that people where braces to straighten crooked teeth, but John is sure that some people wear them simply because they are so beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. "Yes, one day you too can have beautiful teeth!" ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to change your lilypie tickers to age 5 and 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, John would've LOVED my full braces and headgear that I wore in junior high!! Truly stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Faith: My kids won't be 3 and 5 for six more months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is *so* funny! And, I imagine if John ever needs braces, he will be quite hesitant about it, not even remembering once upon a time he thought they were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete