Monday, January 10, 2011

The Height of Irony

We have been trying to teach and encourage Mary to sleep through the night with the awareness of the "freight train" of the new baby scheduled to arrive in three months. She seemed to be improving, but this last couple of weeks she has been waking (and crying for a parent) six to eight times per night. (Also, in the last few months she has begun having night terrors a couple of times per week, just like John did at this age: she'll wake about 45 minutes into the night and scream like a wild animal for 30 minutes, thrashing, hysterical, not recognizing that I am there.) Combine that with John waking crying for a parent one to two times per night and have Chris being gone on business travel much of the time (so unable to help me with the wakings at those times) and you have one seriously tired and grumpy Mama. I get so tired that I don't know how I'm functioning. The body is an amazing machine.

Last night at one of Mary's wakings, she woke of screaming and shrieked at me, "Mama! I don't want you to make any noise!"

Trust me Mary, it's not me making all the noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment