Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Day 11

Thank you to Lynn for today's Christmas gifts!

Yes, John's hair really is that wild and bumpy when he wakes up after bath nights! A couple years into the habit, John still insists on sleeping with a knit cap on his head on nights he has his hair washed. It's very cute to see but, unfortunately, this causes his hair to dry in wild shapes instead of naturally straight!

John helps Mary open all her gifts because she doesn't seem to know how to unwrap her own gifts at official opening time--yet she's successfully opened a half dozen gifts when nobody was looking!

We used Lynn's gifts for our homeschooling time today. First we played the matching game, about which the children were very excited. Then we read from the wonderful storybook with glossy pages and beautiful illustrations.

Mary was pleased with herself to have put her Christmas stuffed kitty cat into the booster seat. I find it charming and hilarious to watch how Mary is continually role-playing with various stuffed animals, dolls, or even random objects. They're all her "babies." Once she approached me tenderly cradling what I seem to recall was a plastic Easter egg and she asked me, "Will you hold my baby?" I said yes, so she transferred the 'baby' to me as delicately as one would a real newborn baby.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...I LOVE the crazy hair!!!! :)

    Emma does the same thing as Mary with all her babies. She LOOOOOOVVES babies. I bet Mary is going to be a great big sister to that new baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas for Epiphany. We celebrated yesterday as well, and went to mass. Your children are adorable.

    ReplyDelete