Monday, December 6, 2010

Driving to Atlanta

On Friday, the kids and I drove to Atlanta. Chris had been on a business trip all week and was coming from the west, so he was to meet us there. I was anxious about having to organize (for the wedding we were to attend and birthday party we were to throw) by myself, then make the drive on my own. However, the kids are at really good traveling ages and the time of a baby or toddler screaming bloody murder for several hours in the car are behind us (for now, till the next one!).

John was so excited to see Grandmom and Pop-Pops, that he tried to decline my offer to stop and get us a chocolate milk shake (which I split three ways). But I overruled him because I wanted the treat!

You know you're in the South when the local fast food joint has a nativity scene and "Jesus Is the Reason for the Season" sign on the lawn.

Chris made it to Atlanta by midnight and our little family was reunited!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute photo of John and Mary enjoying shakes! Glad you had a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete