Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Blue Blazer

Today I ventured into the local mall (which I can't help but think of as Sodom and Gomorrah) to buy John a new blazer for an upcoming wedding we're attending. I was able to buy him blazers in size 2 and 3 at the consignment store, but my checks over the last few weeks for a size 4 have been fruitless. Buying new--that's a foreign concept!

Unlike Mary, who has been expressing preferences over her clothing since 18 months old, John has expressed preference ("I don't like that") only a handful of times ever. I just dress him how I want. But when he saw this blazer, his eyes lit up. I had to beg him to let me take it off him so the cashier could ring it up. Then John asked if he could please wear it home, so my sweet boy marched through the mall, rode in the car, and went in and out of the next store on our list, wearing his smart looking blazer.

I couldn't help but think of Niles and Frasier Crane!


1 comment:

  1. Mary Elizabeth asked who that boy was in the picture. She "likes" him. (shy smile and all that goes with a secret crush).

    ReplyDelete