Thursday, October 21, 2010

Picking Pumpkins

Today we picked pumpkins at the cute and perfectly serviceable pumpkin patch on a grassy spot at our local shopping center.

Mary slouches and continues her new tactic of not cooperating with any photos.

Perking up to shriek, "Look! A pumpkin!"

Mary called this one "a biggie guy."

You will not take my photo. I shun you.

The pumpkin patches gives away one free apple per customer. (E---: I know you are horrified at me letting Mary eat hers on the way home. Thank you for still being my friend.) Mary loves fruit, unlike her brother who eats zero fruit. I have to actually watch how much fruit Mary eats because she'll eat so much. For example, today I didn't pay close attention and I now realize she ate two bowls of homemade apple sauce at breakfast, two oranges at mid-day snack, and this gigantic apple in the late afternoon.

I close my eyes to you. You shall not take my picture.

Since Mary won't let me take her photo, I took photos only of my sweet, smiling boy with our pumpkin display.

Cute child!

8 comments:

  1. OH Mary! :)

    LOVE the final pic of John...handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off-topic, Katherine, but am I remembering correctly that you have a nice lift-the-flap Catholic Bible for toddlers? I thought I'd bookmarked it, but I can't find it. I saw one in a bookstore yesterday, but it wasn't specifically Catholic. Our toddler Bible has fallen apart and I'd like a new one for the baby. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Elaine is it because it's a choking hazard or it will get the car dirty or because the fruit should be washed first? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Faith: Speaking on behalf of Elaine, it is because the fruit should be washed first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney: We have this one and it is really cute:

    http://www.amazon.com/Lift-Flap-Bible-Book/dp/1575844036

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary's "shunning" the camera is kinda sweet... I have a kid that absolutely doesn't like having his picture taken, so I only get it every once in a while, though I love my camera/taking pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! That's the one I saw in the store and I liked it, but I knew that you had one I also really liked. Glad it's the same one! :-D

    ReplyDelete