Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Motor Boat on Dry Land

John created a motor boat of sorts using the seesaw, an overturned end table, and many rubber bands. I didn't realize he had wrapped the rubber bands around himself like a seat belt until moments after the video ended and his whole creation toppled over sideways. He didn't cry, but was calling me in oh-so-casually for help, so when I showed up I was surprised to find him nearly upside down beneath the seesaw and table, entangled with rubber bands around his waist. He thought it was the most fun thing ever.




The children love eating at the window sill when they can. And every night after dinner they scramble up there before they are willing to say the "all done prayer."

I think this morning might have been the first time ever that John cleared his plate without needing to be politely reminded. Three cheers for progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment