Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just a Thoughtful Husband


On Friday Chris went to a business meeting at a local cafe where we used to eat breakfast often because it was next door to our then-apartment. While chatting with his co-workers, Chris mentioned that he was going to pick up some of the cafe's famous sweet potato biscuits for his wife, to which the coworkers remarked that he must be planning to go golfing the subsequent day. Chris was totally confused at what he thought was a non sequitur: what did biscuits have to do with golfing? Would Chris get good extra energy for golf by eating the biscuits?


Then he realized that they meant it was a bribe to give me sweet treats so I'd "let him" go golfing.


Nope! Chris is just a really thoughtful, kind husband (who happens not to golf). And when he's out and about and sees something I might like, it crosses his mind. That's all, plain and simple. I am blessed!

2 comments:

  1. That is really nice. Ben was very happy that when Chris came to visit us on "Super Bowl Sunday" he could've cared less about the Super Bowl :-) My husband is SO not into football, and I am SO grateful for that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that IS nice to have. :) "My love don't buy me presents," but he does clean the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete