Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday

Today marked the first day I ever left Mary. I went to the dentist and my faithful husband watched both children. My two-and-a-half hours' absence went swimmingly, as Chris got both kids down for naps, so now he's wondering why I think my job is so hard.

John perched on his new bean bag chair.

Target carries these neat little preschooler's sports kits for $10 apiece: soccer, bowling, t-ball, and I think some others. I bought John the soccer set today. The box was a big hit too.

John used his golf clubs to get the soccer ball into the goal.

Siblings in the grass.

Miss Mary had a delightful time picking grass and crumpling leaves while I did yard work and John dug in his dirt pile.



As Mary grows, I think we'll be seeing a lot of this facial expression. I see it often now when she is joyful, mischievous, or investigating something.

Isn't it a really funny expression? She quite scrunches up that nose! That girl has some serious cheeks.

2 comments:

  1. serious cheeks indeed!!! she is such a chunk :)

    i love the photos of Our Lady in the bkgrd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the cheeks - I just want to munch them! :) I especially like the first Mary & Mary picture. Your Mary looks contemplative.

    ReplyDelete