Monday, October 29, 2007

Pointing and Walking!

Can you count how many times John is pointing in these images?

John frequently tries to get to the standing lamp and its exciting electrical cord, which we have now barricaded behind pieces of furniture. Today John tried to crawl through his changing table to get to the lamp. When I caught him, he pointed at me.

Later we want on a walk in the beautiful, sunny fall weather.
John's new shoes arrived from JoShoes. Jody makes custom-order shoes down to the colors of leather, style, elastic tension, width, and inserts (waterproof layer, fleece, etc.) for the price between expensive Robeeze and cheap Target knock-offs. I don't like the red accent I chose too much, but I don't hate it. All in all, I think they're cute enough and will serve him well for the next six months.

Video from Sunday (before the haircut) of John using the cat post as a "walker":

Today I took a dozen snippets of video to try to capture John walking, which he is doing with increasing ease and frequency. Today he took six steps in a row! I got a lot of video of John falling:

Out of the dozen videos, I filmed two of John taking three steps each.

9 comments:

  1. "I'm walking, I'm pointing, I'm walking, I'm pointing". He is too cute. I love the new haircut!
    Love, Aunt Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pointing is hysterical. And I saw a bona fide walk in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!!! Next step, running...in comes fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get ready to play chase!
    *and* I like the red on his new shoesies :O) - of course this is from someone who bought the cheap-o Target knock-offs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I can't count that high yet. ;-)
    Janeane is so right about the running.
    Soren still isn't aware that what propels his body forward isn't his head... thus continues to get injuries constantly. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sure you don't use this anymore, but have you seen this:
    http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08046.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're expecting our order from JoShoes this week as well. We ordered JoBoots for winter wear. I'm relly excited about them. Soft soles, but warm and waterproof for Northern New York. I love John's! I'll have to post pictures when ours come too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Courtney: What color JoShoes did you order?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We ordered light grey with a red cuff and picked "surprise me" for the coordinating fleece inside. It was so hard to decide! :-)

    ReplyDelete