Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Our Li'l Lumberjack

John is thinking of taking up work as a lumberjack to earn extra money for the family:
"Mama, why won't you ever let me go outside?"

Today I stopped by the consignment store Kid 2 Kid to buy some new (used) toys for John to have on our plane ride to California next month. I want him to have some novel toys to grab his attention. However, I first have to test the toys to make sure that John likes them, so I let him play with the toys but will "disappear" them for the remainder of the month. The pull toy with a string is the biggest hit of all.


What's Cookin'? I've made this recipe from the Joy of Cooking for months. It is so easy, made entirely with common pantry items, and cleans up in a snap. Because I'm only baking one chicken breast these days, I use the toaster oven.


Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Baked in Foil with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives


Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.


Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. Season with salt and black pepper. Lay chicken breast on a square of foil and sprinkle on top: some sun dried tomatoes in oil, some chopped-up Kalamata olives, and some shredded basil or minced parsley. Fold up the foil into a loose square, bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Voila.

1 comment:

  1. I love his flannel shirt! :) When will you be in CA...anywhere near Roseville??? Maybe we can have a small, PULP reunion (with all our little ones now).

    BTW...that chicken recipe looks yummy. I'm going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete