Monday, June 4, 2007

Six Months Today

Today John is six months old!


Here he is wearing a new outfit from Uncle Dan and Aunt Courtney and crocs from Grandmom and Pop-Pops. Now all the Lauer cousins have crocs (even if John's won't fit him for a while)! Thanks! (No, we don't celebrate half-birthdays around here. It just so happens that John received some gifts recently.)
In the past two days, two strangers have mistaken John for a girl. I'm not mad or offended, simply perplexed. The first day, John was wearing a blue plaid romper with a collar. Today he was wearing the above outfit. I don't know how I could dress him in a more masculine style, unless he were in camouflage, so I'm not sure what looks feminine about him. His long eyelashes? His big eyes? He certainly is not dainty or small boned. Oh well!
What's Cookin'? Chicken breast baked with sun dried tomatoes and black olives (should be kalamata olives, but I'm out) and black bean and couscous salad.

3 comments:

  1. It must get really old to have to make 2 dinners every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah: Yes, juggling a veggie and non-veggie eater does get old, but I don't exactly cook two dinners every night. Last night, the black bean and couscous salad was Chris' side (otherwise, all he'd have been eating is one chicken breast) and my main dish. To my dinner, I added a quick microwaved soy-burger (which I add to a lot of my dinners :). Other times, I make dishes that can have meat added at the last second--like rice dishes--which makes it easy to have two versions. Or I'll make a dish that can easily be split during cooking, such as enchiladas: half are filled with meat, other half with beans. And other nights, Chris gets the new meat dish I've made that night and I eat veggie leftovers from a previous night. I'm intrigued about what will happen when we have kids. (They'll be raised eating meat.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's because he is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete