Monday, January 29, 2007

A Wide Awake Day

The day started out well enough. John must have heard me complaining about his latest habit of being wide awake each night from 2:00 to 3:00 a.m. because this early morning he stayed awake from 2:00 till 4:00! That is in addition to his wakings every two hours or so. Nonetheless, it was not so bad.

And this morning was great because John took a deep nap from around 8:30 till 11:30 during which time I got two loads of laundry washed, birthday cards mailed, and ordered several rooms of the house.

Then John awoke. He even sat happily in one of his bouncy seats for an entire half hour next to my desk while I did office work! See evidence below:



Unfortunately, John stayed wide awake from 11:30 a.m. till 7:00 p.m.! Seven and a half hours at an age when he is supposedly only able to stay awake two to three hours at a stretch! He must have been exhausted. (I know his mama was.) I repeatedly got him to fall asleep but he'd awaken five minutes later. At least he wasn't screaming the entire time, but at only eight weeks old, he's not exactly good at entertaining himself so my afternoon was shot.

As I write this, John is finally asleep and I am about to be asleep. I am quite curious to see how this overnight portends after such a strange day!

No comments:

Post a Comment