Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Best Christmas Gift

I received many great Christmas gifts this year, but the best one was from my dear son John: he let me be horizontal for five straight hours! The lactation consultant we hired when John was first born explained to me that John was likely too little and lacked the muscle control to succeed at nursing in the side lying position quite yet. Three weeks later and John is starting to get it! The night of Christmas Eve, John slept and nursed lying next to me from 10:00 p.m. till 3:00 a.m.! Now, I was certainly not asleep for five hours, but I did not have to get vertical even once during that time. Pure bliss! Three weeks of never sleeping more than an hour and a half at a stretch, at the most for four hours per day, have been torment. I mean, isn't that a type of torture used on POWs?!

Lest anybody get their hopes up, John spent the night of Christmas not sleeping longer than one hour at a stretch all night and would not nurse side lying at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment