Saturday, April 11, 2020

Self-Isolation Day #29

Holy Saturday, Self-Isolation Day #29

Please continue to pray for my husband's mother D. who has been on a ventilator in ICU with confirmed COVID-19 for 13 days. We very much appreciate it, even though we are choosing not to give detailed, blow-by-blow health updates in this public forum.


This was the first Holy Saturday in many years that our family has not been volunteering at the parish assembling meals for the homebound while I lead 50+ children in creating personalized Easter cards to go with each meals. Instead, our parish is simply donating money to the shelters to provide food.

Instead, it was a very relaxed day. Chris did our weekly grocery shopping and picked up our Easter meal from Boston Market: I did not even have a whirl of cooking to fill the day, as Chris and I intentionally decided early in the week to buy a holiday meal instead of my cooking a feast because at any time he might be called out of state due to his mother's condition in the ICU.

So, we stayed home today. Thomas (4) built an airplane out of a gift wrapping cardboard tube and tape, which provided much entertainment to multiple children all day long.


Joseph (7) brought me insect galls on a leaf, which I let him dissect with an Xacto Knife. My dad identified the minuscule winged creatures inside as likely gall wasps.




We dyed our Easter eggs . . .





I was laying down David (2) for nap when the four-year-old busted in, which normally would get him a consequence because it makes it harder for David to fall asleep, but how could I do anything but hug him when he was bringing me this Very Special Card with a drawing of him and me. I'm the one with long, flowing hair.

Drawing of Mom and David

After dinner, we sat outside in the gorgeous weather--before the "massive" and "severe" and "dangerous" storm that is arriving Sunday and Monday--and the children enjoyed an hour of playing Frisbee until the Frisbee lodged in a tree!


Evening: Watching the pre-1955 Easter Triduum live streaming from our parish . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment