Sunday, December 10, 2017

Mother-Daughter Christmas Tea

After Mass on Sunday, we enjoyed our annual mother-daughter Christmas Tea at the Ballantyne Hotel. Little David got all dressed up to tag along.





There occurred a humorous snafu when we arrived. As we waited at the maitre d' station, the head staff-person approached me and informed me apologetically that we had missed our reservation, which was for yesterday afternoon. I stammered, my jaw dropped, my heart fell into my stomach: I had made this reservation two entire months ago! I had confirmed it by phone two days ago! What could have happened? She apologized again and said my name, which, to my great relief, was not my name. Some other family had missed their reservation. I said, "No! I'm Mrs. L----!" Both parties were relieved and we were ushered right to our table.







We had a wonderful hour of delectable foods and as sophisticated conversation as we could muster. We enjoy this event every year!


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tradition with your girls. The extra effort you make to do this together is something that they will always remember and cherish.

    ReplyDelete