Saturday, December 16, 2017

Christmas Recital 2017

The children participated in a festive and successful Christmas recital on Saturday evening! The recital was held at the local Steinway gallery, so the children got the extra fun of playing on a $170,000, nine-foot concert grand.


This was Joseph's very first recital and I was a bit nervous about his being only four years old and in lessons for only a couple of months. He whispered to me ahead of time, "I'm going to do great in the part where I say my name and my song." I was so proud of him for announcing himself and making it through his song (even though he forgot to bow)!



Joseph (4) playing 'Jolly Old St. Nicholas'



Margaret (6) playing "Good King Wenceslas"



Mary playing "Here We Come A-Caroling"



Mary playing 'O Sanctissima"



John playing 'O Come, All Ye Faithful'

After our children had performed, there remained half the recital, so I slipped out with the youngest two performers, took over with the youngest tots in the van, and sent Daddy in to sit with the oldest two who watched till the end of the event. It's a juggling act in this circus!

Hanging out in the van



No comments:

Post a Comment