Monday, November 27, 2017

{SQT} The Thanksgiving Edition


1. Daddy-Daughter Date


On Saturday, Chris took Mary on her birthday daddy-daughter outing (click here for more).


2. Visit to the Farm


We took Monday off of school to visit a farm (click here for more).


We baked homemade cookies to take along to share with lunch . . . and by 'we' I mean that Mary did all the baking, two batches of different kids.



3. Learning to Cook


On Wednesday, my children happily made dinner while I sat in a chair and simply made sure they were reading the recipes correctly.

Mary made chicken noodle soup, and John made rosemary foccacia bread.








4. Thanksgiving 2017

Click here for the full story!



5. How Cute Is This Baby?





6. Mama's Moment of Rest


This is an oddly artistic photo that my two-year-old took of me, somehow changing it to the black-and-white setting: It was a rare moment of my sitting to read (Orwell's "Animal Farm" . . . again) while drinking coffee and holding my 3-month-old.


7. Belatedness


This post is belated (going up Monday instead of last Friday) because on Thanksgiving night at 10:00 p.m., Chris and I were collapsed from fatigue in the den, chatting over the day, when he told me that he wanted the eight of us to load up in the morning and drive to Atlanta for the weekend. So, the story of that adventure will come!


For more 7 Quick Takes Friday, check out This Ain't the Lyceum--I recommend her timely post on Advent so highly!

No comments:

Post a Comment