Friday, November 17, 2017

{SQT} Almost Thanksgiving!


1. David is Three Months Old



David turned three months old! I had him weighed at Mary's well-child check and he weighs 14 lbs 10 oz, which (according to my master Excel spreadsheet) makes him my biggest three-month-old: something I didn't expect!



2. Warbirds Over Monroe


On Veteran's Day, Chris took the oldest four kiddos to see Warbirds Over Monroe, which is apparently one of the largest air shows on the East coast.

I stayed home to have a quiet day because my having a "big day out" on Friday--with CCE and a house showing--and a "big day out" on Sunday--with Mass and Mary's birthday--it would be entirely imprudent for this Mama to make that three "big days out" in a row.


The gang had a great time and were duly impressed. John carried around my camera and took many photos.


Next year perhaps I can join the gang. Tips for next year: Chris would drop me with the stroller off at the gate, then go park the van and take the shuttle bus in to the event. It's a cash only event, so bring cash. Bring chairs and picnic blankets. Make a home base at the event.


3. Mary's Birthday


Click here to read all about our dear Mary turning nine!



4. First Bonfire of the Season





5. The Tooth Fairy Is Going Broke


It has been the most remarkable loss of teeth experienced in this household lately! In the last two weeks alone, the ten-year-old has lost one baby tooth, the newly nine-year-old has lost four (and has two double gaps!), and the six-year-old has lost two: her front two!



6. Fall Illnesses


The various respiratory bugs continue to bother us. When littles don't feel well, sometimes it's Mama's job just to "sit!" (as my two-year-old commands while he holds up his arms to me).





7. School

School chugs along . . .

Doing preschool with Joseph

The two girls and John have been drawing so many pictures lately in their free time. Below are just several.




P.E. is concluded and CCE is now on break for six weeks, so now is when our schedule opens up wide. I would say we'd be enjoying doing quiet, more regular school at home, but this is also that time of year for Thanksgiving, many Advent adventures, the Christmas octave . . .


For more 7 Quick Takes Friday, check out This Ain't the Lyceum.


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your quick takes (as a fellow mommy of 6)! I think your David in his 3 month old photos look like Mary!

    ReplyDelete