Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar Eclipse 2017

Our solar eclipse viewing 'party' was very low key compared to what other mothers' put together, as I saw after the fact. I thought I was really on top of things because I remembered to order ISO-certified viewing glasses a month ago. But it didn't occur to me to put together a theme party with theme snacks and the like! And we couldn't manage a special, exciting viewing location because I wasn't ready for Chris to leave me with the three youngest set while he went off somewhere cool with the older set.

So, the driveway it was.

With no snacks.

Thomas (2) and David (NB) napped indoors through it all

Thankfully, my kids aren't on Facebook, so the only one to feel inadequate about event planning is me.


A friend gave me some boy diapers from Honest Diapers, so I put this space-themed pair on ten-day-old David today in honor of the eclipse.

It was an interesting experience. Even with our sun here in Charlotte at 98% blocked, that 2% is enough to cast a lot of light and heat, but dusky enough that the cicadas came out in force.

No comments:

Post a Comment