Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Eve 2016


On New Year's Eve, we were blessed by a Christmas visit from Chris' parents. After an exchange of gifts, with wrapping paper flying everywhere, we enjoyed dinner together.

I share what should be considered a Classic Katherine Moment in the Kitchen: I had purchased everything needed for the meal of pulled pork sandwiches . . . except the pork! I discovered this when it was time to start cooking it, and after which there wouldn't be enough time, so I called my husband, who was out on errands, and asked what we should do: his reply was Classic Chris: "I'll pull into this BBQ restaurant and buy what we need!"



Menu:

  • Sandwiches of brisket or pork (restaurant)
  • baked zucchini and potatoes
  • sweet potato casserole
  • Grandmom's artichoke casserole
  • cole slaw (restaurant)



Then the gang went outside for one of Daddy's bonfires while the baby and I stayed inside to prepare my annual chocolate fondue celebration.

Each person had an individual cup of fondue

I had no intention of staying up till midnight and, in fact, every intention to get to bed as fast as I could, which ended up being around 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment