Wednesday, October 14, 2015

What We're Reading: "James and the Giant Peach"

Last week, we read aloud Roald Dahl's "James and the Giant Peach"--the author's first children's novel followed by so many more.

Reading "James" with baby in my lap while kids play trains


Reading "James" to us over hot cocoa and popcorn

Today we attended a theatrical adaptation of the novel at the Matthews Playhouse, which reminded me fondly of the playhouse in the picturesque small town where I grew up. During my high-school years, I performed in plays there, worked backstage, and worked the box office.

Friends: ten kids ages newborn to ten years
The children had a grand time and afterward we went for pizza with some pals. Even with ten children speaking in normal voices, we made a lot of noise! And that was exciting even before one of the tykes threw up on the floor. The adventure never ends when you're with a bunch of kids!



1 comment:

  1. How fun! I should add this book to our ever growing "to read" list. And reading about your group of 10 kids makes me smile...we're often in groups of at least 11-13, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete