Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Feast of the Archangels

Back when I had two and three children, I was That Mom who was great at living the Catholic liturgical life and immersing my children in such. Along came Number 4 and I really began "just surviving." With Number 5, I basically feel like a hero if we're all at Mass on Sundays and nobody is barefoot.

I do have on my Gmail calendar some helpful feast day reminders which get emailed to myself automatically: in the 'Notes' section, I include links of things to do so I don't have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

Today is the Feast of the Archangels, so I printed out two coloring pages (with catechetical information on the back) and handed the tots some crayons (see here and here).
Mary wrote her own prayer:


Somehow the children thought that the Feast of the Archangels is a day worthy of greeting cards, so I was gifted with three sweet ones.

Dear Mama, I can't wait till tonight. Will we have ice cream or watch a movie or something else?
Since it's a feast day, I think we should do something special. Love, Mary

Margaret loves Mama. Happy Angel Day. Love, Margaret

Dear Mama, Happy archangels' Day. I hope you are feeling good today.
I am sorry about not listening to you. Love, Joseph (as dictated to Big Sister Mary)




My only hope of baking something or getting a dessert on the table now is to keep the pantry stocked with junky mixes, like brownies and cakes. Today we made chocolate chip cookies in heart-shaped cake molds, and a certain 6-year-old swiped a bite before I could safely lock them away.



St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. THis made me chuckle because generally we make devil food cake for Michelmas. All I had in my pantry was Chocolate Fudge Cake. I decided it was close enough. No photos were taken or posts made.......and the cupcake crumbs are still all over the place.

    ReplyDelete