Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Limping Laps at the Cul-de-Sac

I seem to have injured one of my knees and different care providers differ in their opinions on what exactly has happened. But the consensus is that these kind of injuries are common in pregnant women due to the copious amounts of the relaxin hormone coursing through our bodies to make every single joint loosey goosey . . . and that there isn't any treatment I can do while still pregnant.

Thus, the prescription for now is to avoid stairs (we live in a two-story house) and no more using my elliptical machine for daily exercise until my knee is better.


Well, phooey! I am trying really hard to maneuver this ridiculously lumbering body to continue daily exercise--no matter how modest--till the bitter end of this pregnancy. And now I can't do it in the air conditioning at home while watching a junky television show on my iPad.

My latest idea to improvise, adapt, and overcome is to take the kids as early as possible in the mornings of these 100-degree, sultry-humid days to the cul-de-sac just three houses down from ours. I can walk (lumber? hobble?) laps around the grassy island while my children climb trees or ride bikes, all within my eyesight.

I love watching Margaret, who at four has just joined the sibling gang of bike riders! She calls herself "lightening fast."

No comments:

Post a Comment