Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Octave Day 6

It was a sickie day around here . . .

Plans for ice skating were cancelled, as were my ambitious goals to reorganize the home office and plan my homeschooling for the second semester.

Chris discovered he has not one but two children old enough to play Risk: The Game of Global Domination. And I discovered by his obvious fluency advising the children on all their maneuvers that he seems to have spent a lot of time playing this neat game growing up!



I played the more sedate Connect Four and Crazy 8s with the children.


Also, I read aloud many chapters to them: "Thee, Hannah!" (Mary's choice) and "The Life of Dominic Savio" (John's choice).

Naps were taken.

The laundry machine was kept humming.

Mary (6) drew a goose, inspired by a picture she saw on the school room wall.


And Netflix was their friend when I couldn't be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry everyone was feeling so under the weather! In the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day!" ....nevertheless, it certainly appears that it wasn't a day devoid of fun, either. :) -Emiliann W.

    ReplyDelete