Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Octave Day 3

On Saturday, the children made a Gyrobot with Grampa Neil, while Chris patched drywall and I planned meals, wrote the grocery list, vacuumed, and did laundry.




Joseph was so excited!

At lunch time, Margaret (3-1/2) discovered that she loves peaches. I took the little imp on a Mommy-Margaret date to buy her new shoes and go grocery shopping.









And in the evening, we made our annual visit to the Charlotte Motor Speedway Christmas lights. I didn't manage many photos because I was feeling very delicate all evening.


Six of nine kids in the gang

No bumper cars this year, so we let the kids do this odd game instead

Mary enjoyed it.

The one picture of the train I took before Joseph burst into hysterical tears
 and I had to rescue him before the train took off with Daddy and the others.
The bigger kids rode the camel while
the littler kids rode the ponies
(no pics because I was holding onto the baby).

The petting zoo

The traffic this year was the worst ever, taking nearly an hour to get in and nearly an hour to get out. We don't know if the route design was altered in a terribly inefficient way, but sitting trapped in the car for so long put a damper on the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment