Monday, September 1, 2014

Days 5-7: Texas

Chris and the children have been enjoying their visit to the Texas relatives so much! 

The first morning there, the children were able to go swimming in the back yard even before eating breakfast. That's the way to start a day!


I had been worried that our Mary's hair might revert to some kind of irreparable tangle during her time with Daddy, who lacks my Mama Hair-Brushing Skills, but I forgot that Mary would be visiting teenage girl cousins. Her hair is well cared for!


On Saturday evening, the children got to do something really exciting: attend a Texan high-school football game at which their oldest cousin performed in Color Guard at halftime! Go Taylor Mustangs!


On Sunday morning, the family was delighted to attend a beautiful traditional Latin Mass at the 145-year-old, historic Annunciation parish.

My sweet John!

The best pillow:
Mary fast asleep with Pop-Pops, almost asleep himself


I wish I knew more of the goings-on, but they're having too much fun and we're having too much fun that, combined with our different time zones, we're having trouble connecting on the phone. Chris answer me via email that "there isn't much to report beyond swimming, grilling out, [toy] helicopter flying, and talking." Of course, he believes there isn't much to report because he has that pesky Y chromosome that makes loquaciousness a rare skill and because he wasn't an English major like myself. (You see how it's done? I just wrote an entire paragraph to say 'there isn't much news.')

As of Monday, the gang is heading back toward Charlotte, which should take three days. Prayers for safe travels!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they'll remember this trip for the rest of their lives! :D -Emiliann W.

    ReplyDelete