Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 4: Texas

The first day of Chris' travel took the kids from Charlotte to Atlanta. The second day got them to Biloxi, Mississippi, and today got them all the way to Houston, Texas.

One of these beds was slept in by a retired Air Force general (turned grandfather) and the other by a seven-year-old boy being taught by his Mama how to make his bed every day without being asked. (Mama is so proud of her boy.)

The training is working!














Monkeys wherever they go
The car ride was more enjoyable today, if very loud and full of raucous laughter, which can get old for tired dads and grandpas who aren't kids anymore.

It has been reported that Daddy made a rookie mistake by handing back to the children a bag of peanuts in the shell and then becoming so engrossed in conversation that he failed to notice when the children de-shelled all the peanuts, put them into a cup, ground them into powder, and had a peanut shell throwing fight, coating the entire back of the car.

Being sweet
















Stretching their legs at a playground

Entering Texas
















An interesting, beautiful flower

Chris tells me he is not paying the children in Reward Bucks or anything else for telling me that they love me and miss me each time I call. Melt my heart . . .

3 comments:

  1. This made me smile :) -Emiliann W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, the kids are adorable. As a reader from Houston, Texas, this has to be one of my favorite posts! God bless y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete