Thursday, July 24, 2014

"What's the Mall?"

Last week, I discovered I had a list of rapidly approaching, time-sensitive specific clothing needs for the children being in the Shakespeare play, the Latin choir concert, and for one homeschool uniform, plus one child suddenly outgrew all her shoes.  I made a list of each item by child with sizes.

Armed with my list, I took all the children to two different consignment shops one day. The next day we went to the Goodwill. Without time to order items online, I was discussing out loud that I might takes us to the mall to buy some items new.

Our five-year-old pricked up her ears and asked:

"What's the mall?"

Indeed!

I'm pleased she has no need to have experienced the mall. When I must venture into that labyrinth once a year (or less), I come storming out determined not to go back. (Ultimately, she still didn't visit the mall because I found enough of what I needed at used clothing stores and was able to sew and modify a couple of items.)

1 comment:

  1. My kids also do not know the mall! It's great while it lasts. I do 95% of my clothes shopping online.

    ReplyDelete