Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Farm Kids' Day

On Tuesday we enjoyed an outing to Latta Plantation for Farm Kids Day. Latta sure has been extending a warm welcome the last year or two to homeschoolers in the community by creating many special events for us.

Always loving and insisting upon an opportunity to dress up in character

"Homeschool Farm Kids Workshop May 13th, 2014 (10am-12pm)
"Students ages 5-7 can learn all about farm life at this interactive workshop! Activities will include visiting the cabin, meeting the farm animals, practicing farm chores, and playing 19th century games."



I took Margaret and Joseph to the adjacent Latta Equestrian Center for pony rides while we waited.


Margaret was docile but very quiet with a reserved mien during the experience. When I pulled her off the horse at the end, she wanted to stay on my hip for a few minutes. I inquired, "How was the horse ride?" She answered in a solemn whisper, "Fine."

It's probably good she isn't so much the adventurer: I don't think I could handle two bold-and-boisterous flying trapeze artist daughters in a row!

Feeding the horse

Eating a picnic lunch before heading home

No comments:

Post a Comment