Sunday, April 13, 2014

Second Anniversary

Yesterday was the second anniversary of my mom's passing. I was overwhelmingly busy but quietly in the back of my head was remembering often photographic moments of that fateful, God-written, startling day. It will always be one of the miracles of my lifetime that God arranged for me to travel 3,000 miles to her the very day she died--being present with her as she left this earth--when we had no idea her passing was imminent.

A picture of my mom and me, as well as her stuffed buffalo, on the bookshelf by my rocking chair

The priest's Mass intention today was for my mom

Mary's Mass intentions














My five-year-old noticed today the book of Mass intentions in the narthex and asked me what it was. When I explained, she asked permission to write down her intentions: I was particularly touched that she remembered her Gramma Lisa.

1 comment: