Thursday, March 27, 2014

Grandparents' Birthday Visit

We were so happy that Grandmom and Pop-Pops were able to buzz over from Atlanta for a birthday visit to Margaret. They are so faithful about visiting for birthdays that, despite no mention of their coming, our five-year-old said in anticipation of her sister's birthday: "You know what I like best about Margaret turning three? It means Grandmom and Pop-Pops will come to visit!"

Grandparents and the progeny of their Number Five

Opening birthday gifts


One day, I enjoyed School Time with, not one, but two helpers! I assigned Margaret to Pop-Pops, and they created art masterpieces together. Then Grandmom and I alternated teaching John and Mary, while Joseph just bopped around quietly exploring. School was so easy that day, it was dreamy.

I got to take Margaret for her well-child check and John for his annual standardized testing without the various siblings in tow because I had a grandparent babysitter at home. What a blessing.

Chris and Keith both had to leave to tend to business, so Grandmom stayed a few days to keep me company. It was enjoyable to have another adult to chat with, plus she did wonderful things for me like buy me a delightful red tea kettle, clean my cupboards (like I've ever done that!), polish my kitchen table with all sorts of concoctions to a mirror shine, and scrub my kitchen floor so clean that it looks like it did the day after it was installed by the workmen last summer. I was pampered and she knows that I do my best, but there are only so many hours in the day.

Till we see them again!

2 comments:

  1. Great shots! I can't believe how much Margaret is looking like Mary these days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a blessing. If Grandmom wants to take a trip to CA anytime ;-)

    ReplyDelete