Monday, December 2, 2013

Joseph's First Real Cookie

Today I served milk and homemade oatmeal cookies for afternoon snack. (I used this recipe, substituting two cups all-purpose flour with one cup almond meal and one cup white wheat flour. Then to half the batch I added chocolate chips, and to half raisins.)


I gave one to Joseph (10 months) just to see what he would do.


Turns out he liked it very much! He ate the whole thing: his first cookie!


Now he is doing well with solids, eating other things like diced ham or chicken, shredded cheese, crackers or pretzels, and soft root vegetables (loved the roasted sweet potato last night).


1 comment:

  1. He's so precious! I'm glad you're not having to go through food struggles with him. Maybe he will be one you can always count on to try new foods and love everything you cook. ;)

    ReplyDelete