Friday, November 15, 2013

"Words with Wings" Workshop


I'd like to advertise to my local blog readers an exciting and rare opportunity to attend a training workshop for the "Words with Wings" Gregorian chant program for children. I had read a compelling review about this program in The Wanderer newspaper a year ago and actually bought the materials to use at home. Then I learned that the group would be coming from the Netherlands to my very own little parish!

The beautiful inheritance that is Gregorian Chant goes unclaimed by many Catholics simply because they lack exposure and uncomplicated instruction. Our children need not be among that unfortunate company. Arlene Oost-Zinner of the Church Music Association of America has agreed to come to Charlotte and teach adults how to teach children chant using the “Words With Wings” program. The program was developed by Wilko Brouwers, a chant master in the Netherlands, so that parents, music teachers, and children’s choir directors could teach chant to children in weekly lessons.
 Ms. Oost-Zinner will be at St. Ann’s Catholic Church to conduct the workshop on Saturday, January 18, 2014. The day will include a boxed lunch and the “Words With Wings” materials (books and CD).

Contact me if you'd like to attend the all-day workshop and I'll point you in the direction for enrolling. The cost is $75, but includes the workbook materials (worth $40) and a boxed lunch, so it's a bargain! I'll be the lady there with the cheerful 12-month-old hanging out on my back all day . . .

2 comments:

  1. OH, I would love to go!! I wish we had the money, as I have grown to love Gregorian chant listening to it on Pandora!!! HOW NEAT!!

    ReplyDelete