Friday, November 8, 2013

Three Tidbits

Random cute morning: We woke up to a very chilly morning in the 40s. Of course, that meant pajama-clad John wanted to sit outside in the sun room because who wouldn't want to freeze? Then the nightgown-clad girls wanted to follow. So we gave them permission to sit out there if they stayed ensconced in blankets, which they did: head to toes!


Random cute exchange: While doing a homeschool spelling lesson, I dictated to John a phrase to spell. He replied instead: "I space L-U-V-E space Y-O-U period."

Melt this teacher's heart! I corrected his spelling and told him that I loved him too.

Bonus reading: I second the notion expressed in "It's Weird that Having Lots of Kids Is Weird". In the face of some people thinking we have "so many" kids or that they're "so closely spaced," Chris and I have said many a times that we're not doing anything special, we're just being married. Under normal circumstances, with no health complications, being married means that kids will come along every year or two. Thank God for that!

1 comment:

  1. I do like that bonus reading. After I had Jamie, I remember someone saying to me, "...you keep have ALL these kids."

    ALL these kids? I had TWO! Now that we have three, we're strangely in the "freak show" category.

    It really is weird.

    ReplyDelete