Friday, August 30, 2013

A New View on the World

John has recently taught himself how to do headstands.

He does them anywhere, anytime, throughout the day. Many, many per day--and in strange places.

We now have to say rules like, "No headstands during the rosary." But I've given up on having him quit the headstands while I read to him during school time, and the other day I asked, "Hey, let's see if you can do your spelling words orally while you're doing a headstand"--which he did.

Mary (4) came running to me with a righteous and dramatic tone: "Mama! John is doing something dangerous! I am not tattling, I am just trying to save your son."

Stepping away during our math lesson to grab a manipulative, I turn back around and John is doing a headstand on my teacher's swiveling chair.

2 comments:

  1. Get that boy into some gymnastics classes!

    We have an all-boy class at our local gymnastics place. The older boys did the class for a year and it was really a good experience.

    One bonus was it taught them to fall without getting hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...Emma does this!

    Miss Mary is SO funny..."I'm trying to save your son." Priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete