Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wing Haven Gardens 2013

This morning, we visited Wing Haven Gardens, a beautiful local bird and butterfly sanctuary which I try to visit about once per year. At $6 per adult and free for children under 18 years old, I don't know why I don't go more often! To my local friends: check ahead because the gardens are open only two partial days per week.

Eight children seven and under (Joseph not pictured)











Eating brown bag lunches in the shade

A yogurt malfunction when Mary attempted to taste her friend's blue yogurt:
despite her forlorn expression in the photo, she was laughing moments later.

Fishing the two-year-old boy's toy bus out of the pond into which he had thrown it (after having thrown it various other places during our visit--he's in a throwing phase!)

Doing one of the several crafts available for no additional cost in the Children's Garden

Two-year-olds now old enough to participate in arts and crafts!

I see you!


There were even plants and seeds available for children to plant.

Of course, brief planting in dirt did not satisfy the digging needs of the boys, so I directed them to a pile of wood chips,
where they dug for about half an hour!

A fun time was had by all!


3 comments:

  1. At first I thought Mary had an unfortunate encounter with a bird. Glad to hear it was just yogurt!!

    What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a statue of Mary there? How nice! I've been meaning to take my kids there for a while... was there any special event the day you went, or do they have those activities/crafts always available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah: That happens to be a statue of St. Therese, but there is much Catholic artwork and quotations there. I wonder if the gardener was Catholic.

    I think we were there for a regular Wednesday. I don't think it was special. Isn't that great? You could call ahead to confirm.

    ReplyDelete