Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cork Boards and Check Lists

For this upcoming school year, I am trying the organizational system designed by Shower of Roses. I used that mother's template for designing the curriculum with quarterly goals (which goes in my teacher's binder) and the generalized weekly check lists.


While at Target, I saw inexpensive little cork boards, so I got one for each child, then had the children decorate their own name plates. On the cork boards, I will tack the weekly check list of lessons we hope to complete in order to stay on track. Based on the suggestion at Shower of Roses, I have kept the check lists general, such as "one reading lesson per week plus daily practice" instead of specific, such as "Reading Lesson 12."

John (first grade) is the only one who will really need a check list for his lessons,
but I also made one for Mary (preschool) because is of the age to want to copy everything John does.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Jessica has so many good ideas! I always find her blog very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting so good at this, you should shunt your homeschooling posts off into their own homeschooling idea blog & monetize it!

    ReplyDelete