Monday, March 25, 2013

John Feeling Awesome

On the morning of Day 14, John bounced downstairs and said, "I feel awesome!" He had his appetite back and ate two waffles and a leftover garlic knot. He showed some mischievousness (after my not having had to scold him for two weeks because he was just listless and apathetic) and then he bounded up to the bonus room to do some schoolwork on his own initiative, our not having done any during this illness.

John is back!

We began slowly reintroducing dairy with seemingly no ill effects.

Made with creativity instead of instructions: John does his best building that way!


After two weeks of no routine at all, simply "putting out fires" as needed, it felt great today to step right back into our well-established and comfortable routine waiting for us: breakfast, dressing, family morning chores, school time, snack time, crafts at the kitchen table, lunch time, Quiet Time, tea time, family afternoon chores (whipping this house back into shape!), then the kids rewarded with a TV show.

During Quiet Time, Margaret was left napping, the children building with Magformers, and Daddy on conference calls while I got to leave the house--yippee! Chris had done all our errand-running during the illness, so I stayed in these four walls for more than a week. Departing today to do a leisurely shopping trip for Easter basket candy made me feel like the spring sun was bursting and birds twittering to welcome me back to the Outside World.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read you are all feeling better. I laughed though because it sure doesn't feel like spring has sprung out there today. We went to the Chrism Mass and nearly froze making the long walk back to our car:-)

    Have a Blessed Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! When the naughtiness starts again, you know they are better. And I bet you were grateful for that mischievousness because it was a sign he was on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine: Yes, I was making a bit of a joke that only my local readers would get: it was bitingly cold and grey when I got to go to the store, yet to me it felt like sunny bursting spring with birdies twittering!

    ReplyDelete