Thursday, January 17, 2013

Joseph Day 2

Joseph's second day in our family went well. Chris is taking good care of us, running to and fro, managing children, bringing me food in bed, doing laundry!


Note to self: Each day right after lunch, I do Mommy Nap Routine with Margaret (21 months). But because Daddy was busily bustling around and maybe not on Mommy's Exact Schedule, Margaret simply got herself a pillow and a blanket, made herself a nest in the den, and went to sleep! I suspect there is a lesson for me in that.


Joseph's first time in a sling! He was being fussy, nursing wasn't helping, setting him down left him crying, and I wanted my hands free to do something, so I decided to try him in a sling at 30 hours old. I snugged him in there and it was like he was "back home": he just fell right to sleep! I love-love-love wearing babies!

6 comments:

  1. Just love that sweet shot of Joseph - tiny hand, beautiful hair. More photos please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph's adoring fans would like more pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am most amazed by Margaret taking a nap all by herself! What do you think the lesson might be? (i.e. is there anyway to teach my children this???) wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah: I think the lesson in it is something about how the more I cater to having do a big sleep routine, the more the child requires that. I have noticed anecdotally that, in large families, the mamas stop doing a lengthy nap routine very early and the kids just fall asleep when they are tired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed at Margaret... and glad things are running smoothly. Love the babywearing pics, what a little sweetie.

    ReplyDelete