Friday, October 5, 2012

The Titanic Continues to Fascinate

Yesterday Grampa Neil happened to tell John a sentence or two about the sinking of The Titanic. Many questions followed, so I went to grab a stack of books I have about the famed ship. The tragic story was of great interest to me for years, as evidenced by the collection of books. John then made me go through every single page in one of the fat picture books before he then rattled all the facts back to me. I suggested that when he is next due to give a presentation at Catholic Schoolhouse, he could talk about The Titanic.

"But, Mama, I don't know anything about it!"

I replied that he had just talked at me about The Titanic for half an hour and his presentation has to be only one minute or so. He retorted, "Well, you have to tell me a lot more about The Titanic. But only the appropriate things."


Today during Quiet Time, I heard some quiet murmurings, so went to investigate and found the two children camped out on a bed, reading all the Titanic books they'd hauled upstairs. They begged and pleaded to be allowed to stay together during Quiet Time so they could read together. I relented against my better judgment (a judgment later proved correct).

I see that the fascination lives on!

3 comments:

  1. A good titanic book: 882 1/2 questions and answers about the titanic. My kids like that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, it's the same here! Both the older boys are so fascinated. I saw a model in a bookstore, and they both so wanted to build it. A couple more years, boys!

    ReplyDelete