Saturday, September 15, 2012

Parish Carnival 2012

SO MUCH FUN!

The kids have been asking me so many times per day for the last few weeks "how many days until the carnival?" that I finally made them a calendar so they would ask only once per day. They've been doing special chores for a month to earn spending money for the carnival games. And today was the day! We were there when it opened and stayed for four hot and grueling but fun hours. I was so grateful that I got to be present to see the glitter in their eyes.











I was hoping against hope that these swings were age-rated something like ten years old, but they were not. Even three-year-olds could ride them.

Finally I told Chris just to take the kids over there and make his own judgment call, as I couldn't watch.


See? There's nothing holding them in! They could just fly away! Of course, the kids loved this ride best.

Our parish's wonderful Poor Clare nuns who are semi-cloistered, but come out for special events.

We came home with baked goods from the lovely ladies of the parish and we await to see if we won anything at the silent auction!

1 comment: