Sunday, March 4, 2012

Margaret Signs and Laughs


Both John and Margaret were picking up American Sign Language by this age (11 months), so I've been continuing to sign to Margaret as I speak, wondering when she'd sign back.

I think she needed sweeter motivation.

On Friday I was feeding the kids Os cereal with honey drizzled on it and, for the first time, I drizzled some honey on Margaret's Os too instead of giving them to her dry. She filled her chipmunks cheeks and began rapidly signing MORE MORE MORE. (I was able to sort-of capture it in photograph, above.)




I captured a ticklish video of Margaret laughing. She still seems a rather calm baby in the expression of her emotions. I mean, she knows how to scream in frustration and such, but her smiles are subdued, her laughter quiet, her moods just not big and in bright lights like Mary's already were by this young age. So when I saw Margaret guffawing at her brother tossing a teddy bear against the wall, I ran for the video camera to document the unusual show of big laughter!

Something I do not yet have on video is that Margaret is learning to lean in and kiss my lips when I say, "Give kisses!" She's done it five times this week and it melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment