Sunday, February 26, 2012

Two Daddies Hike South Mountain


Chris had been gone all last week on business, so he took Monday off with the intent to take the big kids hiking and give me a day at home with the baby to listen to quietness. Unfortunately, Mary was on her worst day of the cold that had been moving through the house, so I felt obliged to keep her home. Chris enjoyed a great day hiking with a dad-friend (which is very good, he's been working crazy-hard) and I stayed home with the two littlest ones, both sick. And when Mary is sick, she is a very ill-tempered little girl (unlike her brother who just lies in a sweet, pathetic lump). You should have read my pathetic email of despair written to Chris in the midst of Mary screaming in a temper tantrum for an hour straight (in the face of my trying everything on the spectrum, nothing of which worked). Not a relaxing day for Mama, but John did enjoy some really good quality time with Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment