Friday, October 28, 2011

First Carved Pumpkin

When I was walking out the door to my La Leche League monthly meeting, my kids' babysitter asked if she could carve one of the pumpkins with the kids. Why, yes! I thought this was perfect because I'd get a carved pumpkin out of it and I wouldn't have to deal with the mess . . . plus, as I suspected, the kids were not actually interested in doing it themselves, so the beloved babysitter did the work while John climbed the tree and Mary rode her bike.



The kids designed their carving patterns, but only John's was executed.




The final product! What fun!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! What do you have in it that's so bright?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!! I love his design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica: The pumpkin was in the bathroom with all the lights darkened. Also, I turned off the flash. When the flash was on, the resulting picture looked like daytime and a lit room. And the photos taken of the lit pumpkin outdoors were all wildly blurry. Interesting--I know basically nothing about why photographic mechanics work the way they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica: Oh, you asked what is *in* it. It's just a tiny votive candle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pumpkin looks like it is trying to eat Mary!!

    ReplyDelete