Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday Around the House

Last night we experienced a heavy thunderstorm, so this morning the kids and I trooped around the house to collect fallen tree limbs for Daddy's pile of fire wood. The weather is now bracingly cold (the 40s).


When John came downstairs this morning, he greeted me with, "Let's read for today's Jesse Tree!" I think that's a really good sign that he's enjoying the Bible stories (which we read after dinner). I'm pleased because we've long read children's versions of Bible stories, but this is the first time I've been reading to John from the true Bible. And he's following the stories and asking astute questions! Also I've noticed that suddenly listening to Sing-a-long Songs for Catholic Children is resulting in John peppering me with excellent and interesting questions. I'm really excited about the new intellectual leaps showing up as John rounds the corner on age four.

1 comment: