Monday, December 13, 2010

24-Week Anatomy Scan

Today I had my mid-pregnancy anatomy scan (ultrasound)! I wish I had cute ultrasound photos to share, but the baby wasn't cooperating with his or her position, for example, keeping arms tucked up around the face. We didn't find out the gender and the OBGYN purposefully did not even look at that. Baby looked very happy and healthy.

I've felt the baby moving strongly since 16 weeks, Chris could feel it from the outside as of 22 weeks, and just today I could see the baby kicking, even though my sweater!

Ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate for measuring size and should virtually never be trusted for size, but, for what it's worth (not much!), the OB thought the baby weighs 1 pound 11 oz, which I guess is "big" for gestation. Our other two babies were somewhat big, so that wouldn't surprise me.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God- a healthy baby!!! Sorry about the photos, but of course, in another few months, you'll get some really good shots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! So glad to hear everything is progressing well!! Can't wait to see this little one.

    ReplyDelete