Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday in New York City

I posted on the blog a few weeks ago that Mary might be making her first sign (EAT) and I'm now confirming that she is. She makes it consistently. Each morning when I put her in a high chair at the restaurant, she'd start signing EAT (in her own fashion, as above). She loves interesting flavors!

This morning John felt privileged to be allowed to use a grown-up coffee cup to drink his water.

The flight home was blessedly uneventful. John and Mary fell asleep for a nap as we sat on the tarmac, waiting to take off, then they woke up right before our descent. How's that for fortunate?
As interesting as it was to visit New York City, I am very glad to be home in peace and quiet, looking forward to getting back into our boring routine!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously think you are amazingly brave for doing a New York City trip. I don't think *I* could have handled it, so I think you are Super Mama for doing it. I hope you are able to have a couple of days of down time. It sounds like a very hard trip, a not-vacation, and I just commiserate with the difficulty it must have been. REST. RELAX. Chop the schedule to bare bones for a couple of days. (Of course laundry must be done, family must be fed, etc). So it is all relative of course. Isn't it funny that you almost need a vacation from your vacation???

    ReplyDelete