Monday, May 21, 2007

Our New Toys

Today in the mail, John received his new wooden blocks . . .




. . . and I received my new Ergo baby carrier!



John liked his blocks, perhaps a little too much. He would get hold of one, then want to hold another one. He'd reach for the second block and thereby drop the first block. What he wanted to do was hold all the blocks at once, so he began crying because he could only hold one at once. Baby John's patience is short right now because of his feeling ill.

I'm so excited about my Ergo. I can wear John on my stomach, hip, or back. The Ergo has a little "bonnet" that goes over the baby's head after he has fallen asleep so that his head doesn't flop all over in his relaxed state. This afternoon John stayed happily in my carrier for a couple of hours. He fell asleep, so I put the bonnet on. Later he woke up, so I took it off. I made dinner and potted a plant with John on my back. It felt so good on my back and cooler in this warm weather! The Ergo can carry a child easily till he is about three years old.

6 comments:

  1. You two look great! I started using my Ergo in the back carry when DS was about John's age too. I love, love, LOVE having him on my back! There's nothing I can't do. I'm impressed you've mastered the hood so quickly. I still can't get mine up without help. What's your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney! I don't know how I manage to get the hood on. It is awkward indeed. Sometimes I have to try more than once to get it over his little noggin. Maybe it's because I'm taller than average (5'7") so have slightly longer arms?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that might be it! I'm pretty good at getting his baseball cap back on his head when he throws it to the ground while he's in there, so maybe I just need more practice! Also, I'm always afraid of waking him up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got mine yesterday! In black and green. I am SO excited. !!!

    So far I've carried Killian in the infant insert - what a pleasure! - and Cassian in backpack mode. He loved it! I already told DH that we're getting another so he can backpack Cassian when we're out and I can sling the baby. Now if only we had one more adult to carry Alexandra...oh well. She and Cash may just have to take turns with Daddy's. :)

    What are you thinking of yours so far?

    ~sancta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sancta! I love my Ergo. Right now I wear John in the Maya Wrap on my hip around the house for short periods, but in the Ergo on my front or back for longer periods (neighborhood walks, cooking, shopping). That's great that your husband will wear one too!
    ~Katherine

    ReplyDelete