Saturday, May 19, 2007

New Professional Photos of John

First we had a professional opinion that John is "perfect" (from a nurse at the hospital when he was born) and now we have a professional opinion that he is "cute" (from a professional photographer). In the Moment Photography provided photos of mothers and babies to decorate the walls for Bellies In Bloom, the conference of the Georgia Birth Network which I attended today. I came upon an advertisement looking for babies to photograph in John's age range, so I sent the photographer a photo of John and he was selected. We had our photo session last week: the photographer got to use John's photos at Bellies In Bloom and we received a free session and slide show of photos.

Grandparents and family: you're welcome to buy any of these prints from the photographer if you'd like. Email me privately and I'll provide you the password to the online proofing. Even if you do not plan to buy, it should be fun to look at the 200 photos taken of John and me. [Photos are not posted yet, but should be available by Monday or Tuesday 5/21-22.]

Bellies In Bloom was very enjoyable for me today. The sessions were:
  • Breastfeeding Basics (the lactation consultant speaking was also the professional photographer who took photos of John!) (Interesting tidbit I learned: A lactation consultant needs 5,000 client hours beyond her formal learning to become certified, while pediatricians only take a one-hour breastfeeding course in medical school.)
  • Dads and Doulas: A panel of dads share their experiences
  • Waterbirth and Other Options for Hospital Birth
  • Tips for a Healthier Pregnancy and Easier Labor
  • Natural Family Planning
  • Homebirth Q&A

My only criticism is that there were only 15 minutes between each session and no lunch break, so I had to skip a session to get lunch and I never had enough time to visit all the vendor tables!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great conference! Any idea if there's a similar one in CA?

    (I could probably google it, but I'm lazy)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete